Howdy folks! Sorry to be so absent here on the blogging. I’m still getting into the swing of things with the new website.
But I thought an update might be in order.
First, there are lots of updates and links in the Ken on the Web section under the About Ken tab. Go check it out. Of note:
- I’ve launched into the waters of independent publishing with the release of my e-book bundle, East of Eden and Just a Bit South (And Other Leaps of Faith.) It collects three of my previously published stories and then one “trunk tale” from the old days, when I was trying to break in. They all play with the theme of faith in one way or another. There are links there for both Nook and Kindle. I intend to release a few more of these — including a few that collect my thoughts on writing and some other essays I’ve written over the last several years.
- My concert at the Imaginales Festival in France is linked there. My favorite part of the show was when the man I thought was the sound guy came up to tell me a story. I had a great trip in May and really fell in love with the country and its people. I played two official shows (one at the festival and one at the Last Bar at the End of the World in Paris) and one unofficial pub at a small place in Epinal. I wandered about with a borrowed guitar, seeing the sights and making friends everywhere I went.
- There are several guest blogs and interviews that came together around the release of Requiem. Getting out and promoting the book in June and July was a lot of fun…and a lot of exhausting. But hey, I made a lot of friends, had a great drive around WA, OR, UT, NV and ID and met a bunch of cousins along the way.
Second, there are some updates on the Appearances tab:
- I’ll be a panelist this coming Friday, 9/20/13, at the 100 Year Starship Symposium’s science fiction event in Houston, TX. I’ve not been to Houston since January 1994, when I attended a conference there in my preacher daze. It’ll be interesting to go back.
- I’ve got a music gig at Cafe 30 in Saint Helens, OR, from 6pm to 8pm on Friday, 9/27/13.
- And of course, I”ll be at Orycon in Portland, OR, November 8-10.
Third, the obligatory writing update:
- Hymn is underway. I still expect to finish this Fall with hopes of seeing it come out roughly a year after delivery.
- I’ve been asked to contribute an essay to the Kobold Guide to Magic. I wrote the introduction to their Guide to World-Building last year and had a lot of fun doing it.
In other news, the end of this month marks my one year anniversary as a full-time writer. It’s been a weird, interesting, surreal, fun, scary, restful, painful, mighty year. I’m still not where I want to be with it all, but I think I’m adjusting pretty well. I miss the dayjob, especially the people. But the new life suits me well.
And that’s all for now.
Trailer Boy out.